Tuesday 12 August 2014

Mother tries to find the missing car park

Day 1 of our Barcelona travels. In an attempt to minimalise any unexpected fiasco upon arrival, Mother pre-booked the car parking. However, as we drove along the 6-lane, busy road, we could not find any signs to direct us to the hotel car park. Negotiating the one way systems of central Barcelona, Mother and I are squinting at all the road signs, making certain wrong turns and almost getting squashed by the tram. Eventually Mother gives in and calls the hotel reception;

"Hello? Is that you, Franco?"

"Hello?"

"Hello Franco, darling, it's me"

"Hello no it is not Franco I am Victor..."

"Now are you totally sure? You sound like Franco to me..." 

"..-Uhmm.. hello? No, this is Victor, how can I help you?"

"Yes, I have a car parking space booked but you don't seem to have a car park."

"Ah, yes, madam, we do have car park, it is at front of hotel"

"Nope. No. No it isn't."

"Yes of course madam, it is, it is up the ramp if you go to the front of the hotel..."

"There isn't a ramp what are you talking about?!"

"Are you coming in from the main road madam?"

"Yes but there's no point in telling me to go up the ramp because there isn't one"

"Yes madam it is small if you turn right off the main road onto the side street..."


"What?! If I did that I'd get smashed by a bus that's the bus lane!!"

"No madam, do not worry, where are you now?"

"Well I don't really know but I think I'm somewhere behind the hotel"

"Ok go around to the front and you will see a little opening to drive through right in front of hotel yes?"

"If I do that I will end up putting my car straight through the hotel?!"

"... umm no, madam, ok maybe you go round to the main street and I will come out and help you okay?"

"Yes, that's a far better idea. Thank you."

Mother then proceeds to drive around the block until we are back at the front of the hotel...

"OHHHHHHH! There's the bloody ramp! Well, I can't see that can I?!"

Sadly we did not use Victor's assistance. If we had, I am quite sure there would have been another exciting dialogue to share with you all. We must wait until next time.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment