Friday 15 March 2013

Medical mayhem



An involuntary trip to the hospital. Apparently Europe’s most advanced hospital. I woke up to a loud bang and “HELP! HELP! HELP!” resonating from Mother’s bedroom; she had slipped and fallen in the shower – her head creating a smashed dent in the tiles (which obviously provoked a wave of nausea for me, delightful drama at 8am). Rushed to the hospital with the helping hand of our neighbour, who seems to have been our guardian angel since we arrived. Terrifying experience trying to suppress the panic within me whilst communicating with the Spanish-English nurses but managed to get Mother seen quickly. The health service in Spain is extremely efficient, making hospitals in England a chaotic riot in comparison. The worry passed as I noted Mother’s attempt to continue working from the waiting room, indicating that she was still conscious and hadn’t yet gone completely loopy; “Oh god, I need to ring that man from that company! Honey, get my phone will you? I must talk to him, it’s 9:30am over there! They’ve started work already! For god’s sake I need to work I don’t have time for this nonsense!”

No comments:

Post a Comment